Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2004 Jaguar XJR. The ride feels great, I have no…

I have a 2004 Jaguar...
I have a 2004 Jaguar XJR. The ride feels great, I have no issues. But I'm told there may be a problem with the air suspension. How would you check that? The mechanic who suggested the suspension problem got the model year wrong, spent a few hours looking for a cut off switch which doesn't exist and refused to put the car on a lift to look underneath. Needless to say, I have little confidence in his judgement...
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Do you have an air suspension fault warning on?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There are no air suspension warning lights. All he did was try to press down on the left front corner.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm wondering if there's a simple test I can perform that confirms the suspension is ok? The only thing I can think of is to squeeze an 800 pound man in the backseat and watch as the car levels off...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I went into the programming functions using the "1971" code. After exploring and pressing buttons, it asked me for a cd. I did not have a cd or dvd... it hasn't worked since. That's how this problem started, it worked fine before that...
Without the Jag factory tool the suspension really can only be visually inspected for leaks and looseness.So right now is the screen completely blank?
Ok disconnect the negative battery terminal cable for about an hour to reset everything. Do not close the trunk with the battery disconnected.Let me know
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did this several times already, no result.
Ok then eject the disc from the unit and wait about an hour.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What disc? What unit?
The nav unit in the trunk. There is a DVD disc in it.
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am working at the moment, the car is at home. But let me make sure of the sequence here. Find the disc in the Nav unit in the trunk, remove it. After one hour replace disc in the Nav unit, start the car and let you know if it worked?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It still doesn't work. I had to turn car on to get disc out and then again to insert disc.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The screen still doesn't work.
Ok we either need to insttall a replacement nav unit or source a new disc from Navteq to reload the new software.
Richard, Jaguar Technician