Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Can the 2012 jaguar xkr transmission be adjusted for better…

Customer Question
Can the 2012 jaguar...

Can the 2012 jaguar xkr transmission be adjusted for better shifts

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

Same transmission from new. no leakage

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XKR yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jaguar
1/21/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help. There are no external adjustments for this transmission, the band lugs and and servo pistons are set from the factory and the clutch gap is set with a snap ring that you have to check the end play at the time of assembly and cannot change that unless the transmission is disassembled. What exactly are you experiencing? is it shifting too hard? or too soft or does it have a shift flare between shifts where the rpm's will rev up? thank you.

slow shifting from first to second.
second to 6 is okay

Alright, what is the approximate mileage on it now?

I'll have my mechanic look at it. thanks
35000

Alright, The first thing I would recommend, is calling the closest Jaguar dealership and asking them if they are offering a free complimentary software upgrade for your vehicle, if so, I would go ahead with it as it should have any transmission updates with it. It I do not believe there is anything wrong internally with the unit with this amount of mileage. at worst it may have a sticking solenoid in the valve body, this sometimes happens when microscopic debris gets in the shift solenoid, which can be repaired without removing the unit. I believe it's either going to be a sticking solenoid or 1-2 shift valve, or software will fix it. Let us know if you have any further questions please. Thank you.