Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

Have a 1983 xj 6 starts hard after it has run a few minutes…

Have a 1983 xj...

Have a 1983 xj 6 starts hard after it has run a few minutes will start well if I open the air flow meter flap .could the air temp sensor be bad ? Should the gate be closed wb

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.

Will don't that and clean them .should the gate be closed when car is warm and you. Just shut it off?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your WB?

1983

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your WB yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's a 83 xj6

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Have gone threw ignition and fuel system

1/19/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

The gate is always slightly closed at idle and engine off. You may need to replace it if it binds though. The VAF meter responds to throttle opening when engine is running.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am a very skilled mechanic understand the system have all necessary equipment to repair just need some info on meter I assume it is similar to a mass air flow sensor
Phone call session started

Thanks again for the call.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor