Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2001 Jaguar S Type no heat I observed that the

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 Jaguar S Type no heat I observed that the auxiliary water pump was not plugged up and no plug in for it

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Coolant level is good temperature gauge running at half way

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes so far I replace the heater control valve electronic heater control valve which made no difference heater hoses to the heater are not getting warm

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No not at this point

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jaguar
1/15/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Jim, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician

Hell and Welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

What size engine does it have?

It has the 4.0
Are you still there

The following things are the most common things on this vehicle to check.

Check coolant flow through the heater control valve. It should be located under the receiver/drier on the front of the car and under the hood.

The V-8 cars have an electric water pump, which should also be running at idle when heat is switched on. The hot water valve defaults open, so when disconnected, all the hoses going to it should be warm. If not the valve, it is plugged or stuck .
I replace the valve should I say heater control valve with a new one but I also mentioned that the auxiliary water pump is not plugged up and no connector is in sight

I will re open your question and maybe another tech here can chime in.

I was trying to get some heat in this vehicle today or at least know why I don't have any heat today thanks
Is there a tick out there that can respond to my Jaguar Heat question
Is there a tech out there that can respond to my Jaguar heat question
Jaguar Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today. im reviewing your question now......

Okay Cesar I am awaiting your response
Can I get a response on the 2001 Jaguar S Type no heat
Jaguar Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, Lou here, sorry no one has responded, I am looking over the info and I will reply back soon with some info or questions to help me help you,

Lou

Here are the location of the items.

first let me ask the fan does blow through the vents correct?

do you have a temperature gun?

what is the temp of the engine?

things that will stop the heat from blowing hot are

1. shut off valve
  2. auxiliary heater
  3. clogged heater core
  4. weak thermostat
  5. radiator fan stuck on high causing overcooling

with a temperature gun we can follow the heat, or if the engine never fully warms up then the issue is the thermostat.

let me know if this helps.

i can help you with this.

Lou

Okay Lou I check the thermostat in boiling water Oaks around 170 and closes instantly when cooling down I unplugged the heater control valve which is new and at this point I was going to replenish my coolant and see if my pipes are getting warm
The fan is blowing good

ok, good deal.

yes once reinstalled lets check the temp,

so once reinstalled, we can check for power and movement from the heater pump make sure its moving

then check for heat or hot hoses before and after the valve.

f

The hose from the thermostat housing to the valve does not seem to be getting very hot
Ok, what does the temperature gauge show on the dash? Also do you have a scanner to read engine temp from the engine control unit ?
Engine temperature 205 Fahrenheit
Could it'd be a bad water pump and still maintain operating temperature
Radiator fan is cutting on and off at high speeds

it could be a bad water pump if they used a plastic impeller

to tell, take the hose off the aux water pump and staert the car see if the water comes flowing out.

this honestly is not that hard a issue.

so i will ask you some questions and i need you to anwer them and we can make some progress today.

1- since the engine warms up, are the radiator hoses hot on top and lower one?

Getting back to the Jaguar the top radiator hose is getting hot but not the bottom

ok, the bottom is the return from the radiator. so that is good if the top hose is getting hot.

now see if the hose from the aux water pump is getting warm from the engine to the pump.

The hose from the engine to the auxiliary water pump is not getting hot
Ok then take off the hose and check for flow with the engine running
No flow from hose with engine running
Ok then you might have a clog or the waterpump is bad
Trace the hose back to the engine and recheck there
I replace the water pump with a new one I am now going to check the hose at engine
Oh ok, there is a restriction somewhere
I can blow back through the hose if they have the Restriction is leading up to the thermostat
The thermostat itself has been replaced
Did any coolant come out of the hose ??
No not from the engine the hose is clear to the housing
Are you sure the system is full? Coolant should be in that hose flow or no flow
To the best of my knowledge the system is full the reservoir is full and I remove the 10mm hex and it's full to the top
A little coolant is coming out of the pipe but not with any Force

ok and what about the other side of the aux water pump? can you send me some photos of the coolant hoses and where they connect?

this is not making sense.

i would like to get you taken care of but something is missing from this story

Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician