Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Started making a whistling sound a week ago, on Saturday the…

Customer Question
Started making a whistling...

Started making a whistling sound a week ago, on Saturday the car overheated

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Coolant was added less than 2 weeks ago, none was in the reservoir Saturday when it overheated

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2007 X type

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No had it towed this morning

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jaguar
1/15/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Sounds like we may have a problem with the water pump or water pump drive belt. This could have been the noise then it may have failed. First step would be to pressure test the system tonsee if the source of the leak can be found. Then some tests can be done to see if this cvaused any further damage to the engine.When you hear from the shop let me know their findings and if there is a repair estimate so I can confirm its accuracy.Let me know.
Richard, Jaguar Technician