Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Bluetooth won't pair with the phone. 2007 XK. Trying to.

Bluetooth won't pair with...

Bluetooth won't pair with the phone

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2007 XK

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XK yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to. Checked all the connectors and tried changing two bluetooth modules from salvage yards. Neither would pair

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How much does the mechanic advice cost

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Jaguar Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Ok

1/15/2018
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what model phone you have as well as the phone carrier you are using?

Did it pair in the past to this vehicle and was anything done that may have caused this fault here?

Let me know,thanks Pete

I've got the new iphone 8 and that's when I noticed it would no lover pair. However I've tried to pair it with other phones.. old and new with no luck.

Can you tell me what other model phones you tried.I dont see the Iphone 8 on the compatibility list.Is it not the Iphone X that you have?

The screen still showed my profile from my old phone which I deleted thinking that was the problem but it still would not pair. I assume I'm trying to pair correctly. I select phone, want to pair, and put my phone on bluetooth search
my wife's iphone is an iphone 6. It did not work

Have you had the fault codes checked at all using a scan tool/computer that can read all computers in your vehicle?

I have not. Can a good scan tool potentially have the software needed or would that be a Jaguar dealership only?
Does the bluetooth module have to be programmed to the car when it is swapped? I read online the module is a high possibility but after trying two of them I wonder. I didn't see where programming was needed

A good hand held scan tool can sometimes read all computers to see what codes are set but the best tool is a Jaguar factory computer plugged into your model.The telephone module does look like it needs to be configured when it is replaced which is the Bluetooth module you replaced.If it is not configured with the Jaguar dealer or authorized service center then it will not work as well.This may be all that is needed here.I would have the codes checked and the module configured to see if this resolves the issue here and to see if any codes are set related this fault needing diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Thanks

Your welcome

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician