Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

P1582 flight recorded Data store. 2007 x type. I change

Customer Question
P1582 flight recorded Data...

P1582 flight recorded Data store

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2007 x type

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I change throttle wire Ecu all did

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No accelator above 3

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jaguar
1/15/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 month ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The most common cause of this code is the inertia switch as it fails internally causing this issue here.You want to check and make sure the wiring to it is not damaged and make sure it is plugged in.If all of this is o.k. the inertia switch itself needs to be replaced.Below is the replacement procedure for this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypbo71s608oowrr/ine-01-15.pdf?dl=0

This was the most common component to fail and causes this code to set that you see.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician