Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

It is a 2004 X type something, I don't know the model

Customer Question
Hi. It is...

Hi. It is a 2004 X type something, I don't know the model number. It was my father in laws car. Today the an error appeared about the transmission as well as another error saying "Engine Error". I looked in the manual but there is actually no mention of the transmission error, or really even the transmission itself. By driving 100 yards at a time and then turning it off, and repeating, I got home.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

No, it is an auto transmission and I have noticed nothing odd

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Jaguar?

C type 2.5 se

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I just got it home, no more. I'm not a mechanic, but there was a time, a long time ago, I could strip the engine of my old ford cortina and rebuild it. A very long time ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I didn't actually expect to be talking to a mechanic, I just typed a question into Google and found myself on Just Answer. So, what is the deal here?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/13/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

is there a check engine light on now ?

has car been sitting for a while ? has fuel filter been changed ?

do you have a scanner or go to local parts store to read these faults, here in the U.S local parts store has scanner and read fault for free ?

what is the mileage on it and has it ever been tuned up ?

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hi, sorry, lost my network there for a bit. I don't know about scanners. It hasn't been sitting at all, but it has been a while since it had a service. Which includes the fuel filter of course. I don't do many miles in it. Lots of short trips. I guess it will go to a repairer, but I live in Western Australia, there is only one licence repairer for Jag's, so they charge astronomically and can get away with it.
To be honest, I was just googling the error, since the manual does not mention transmission at all, and I don't know how I ended up on just answer.
I won't be the person to repair it, unless it is "put air in the tyres", or "make sure the petrol cap is closed" sort of thing
I don't think it makes sense fo rme to pay you for instructions as it will end up at the shop anyway, sorry

then dont , i agree ,:) have a great day sir, no magical Answer for the issue you are having ,sorry