Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

The dash lights wont turn off and the battery drains. Any…

Customer Question
The dash lights wont...

The dash lights wont turn off and the battery drains. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

The dashboard bulbs remain lit after the engine is turned off.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2000 XJ8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have sent the dashboard to a electrician that confirmed the boards are good. He changed the bulbs.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am located in Atlanta. How do you service in Atlanta?

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 6 days by:
1/19/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 4 years ago
Shawn Few

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

Jaguar Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 4 years ago

Can you do this test and tell me which fuses are drawing the battery down

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW PDF FILE ON STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION

Do you have jaguar capable scanner and did you scan it and retrieve fault codes

Lets start here and we go from there