Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I took my 2006 XJ8L into the shop for Air Suspension Fault.

Customer Question
I took my 2006...

I took my 2006 XJ8L into the shop for Air Suspension Fault. I was told the compressor was likely bad. i rebuilt the compressor and the problem persisted. I replaced with a new compressor and all seemed fine until I drove it today with temp -15F; after 30 minutes the light came back on and low vehicle height light too after 10 minutes. When I restarted the vehicle which was parked in a 50F heated garage all seemed fine again until I went back outside; again, light came on after 30 minutes. I can hear the new compressor working, even can see the front end height coming up. I replaced the relay with the new compressor when the work was completed. i noticed after turning off the car, there is a loud hissing from the front right side. Could I have an Air shock that isn't holding pressure in extreme cold weather?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

Maybe 100k

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ8L yourself? What have you tried so far?

Runs great

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I did the work myself. Labor time to replace the compressor took about 1 hour. The shop jag mechanic got the codes indicating faulty air compressor prior.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jaguar
1/13/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that can cause the air suspension to not work and for the warning to come on. The warning is being displayed because the control module has seen a failure in the system and fault codes have set. It's possible that you could have a new problem such as a bad height sensor, control module or wiring issue, but it's very possible that the problem could still be with the compressor. The first step in diagnosing the issue will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set and then testing can be done from there as necessary.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.