Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

My vehicle is riding low and the red and yellow faulty

Customer Question
My vehicle is riding...

My vehicle is riding low and the red and yellow faulty system light comes on. need to know what parts will fix issue or if i need to take to a jaguar dealer for service and what price range i am looking for in parts and repair

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The faulty light suspension and the compression that keeping the vehicle from rising up to perfect height when the ignition with is turn on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2005 XJ8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a mechanic that can probably do the job just need to know the parts to purchase or may look in to Jaguar dealer if price is fair reasonable

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Vehaile ride fine that is the only issue at the present moment

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/8/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 6 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
This could be caused by a few different components or sensors.Since it is low we most likely have a leak or a faulty compressor. The front air springs are more common and they will cause the compressor to fail.A Jag factory tool or equivalent is needed to communicate with the air suspension control module in order to read the exact faults.We can start the vehicle and wait for the compressor to come on. It is located behind the driver corner of the front bumper. Once the compressor comes on listen I each wheel well for an air leak.Let me know.
I smell a strong oder of gas and I assume out was and i would like to fix both sides at the same time whether one side does or does not need it
it is always a good idea to replace them ijn pairs but they are costly from Jag. You can also source the parts from places like Arnott.