Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

I have a 2005 jaguar xtype all wheel drive, it has a pitched…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 jaguar xtype all wheel drive , it has a hi-pitched whine at speeds of 20 to 25 mph when pulling or coasting also has a scrubbing noise when backing up as if rear brake pad was dragging or rubber bushing noise.

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Only has 54,000 miles on it , is in very good condition .

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, i'll take it a shop.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/8/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 1 month ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
These noises are most likely not related. If the high pitch whine soiunds like a siren type noise then this is most likely the center support bearing on the driveshaft.For the noise in reverse this is usually the rear brakes sticking in the caliper anchor bracket. Jag also had a revised arm bushing but it is usually the rear brakes.Let me know.
Richard, Jaguar Technician