Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Our 2006 jaguar vandam pas speedometer randomly quits than…

Customer Question
our 2006 jaguar vandam pas...
our 2006 jaguar vandam pas speedometer randomly quits than starts up again..how to find cause?.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jaguar
1/7/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. May I have the model of your 2006 jaguar, please?

Vandal pas
2006 jaguar vandan pad
I do not want a call
I don't think you need much additional info other than the car has a total mileage of 43,000 miles, the odometer and all other gauges work great...there is no p[articular pattern to when the speedometer will fail...it could be for a few minutes or an hour...it could be at high speed or low speed..generally will recover after the car has stopped

I opted out because I do not have any information on this vehicle. I am opting out.

Jaguar Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Matt, Engineer

hello

another expert here

I'd say that this is either an wiring fault between the body control unit and instrument cluster , or a faulty cluster?

and of the 2 the faulty cluster is more likely as they can be prone to this

so I'd say to get in touch with 1 of these firms to see if they can tackle instrument cluster testing / repair

https://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/

http://www.autoecu.com/

http://www.ecudoctors.com/

http://stores.digitalautotech.com/StoreFront.bok

this is not what I expected from this service...essentially you have referred me to three additional web based business that wil charge an additional fee to answer the same question I asked of you,,,

not quite true

this site can only diagnose and offer solutions, we rely on you the customer to apply the fix

what I'm saying is to send the physical parts off to one of those firms for testing

as testing a modern instrument cluster requires a signal generator and oscilloscope and detailed knowledge of how the part works

in practical terms unless you have this equipment I cannot suggest a better solution for you other than to send the cluster off to the specialists

I'm sorry its not a more DIY based solution but this does happen, especially with electronic parts

alternatively I could say to replace the cluster and have the dealer re-code it all for you - however I'm trying to save you money

Matt, Engineer