Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

Fuel pump won't run no power to fuel pump fuse remove the…

Customer Question
Fuel pump won't run...

Fuel pump won't run no power to fuel pump fuse remove the relay put a jumper a crossed get power to fuse pump still doesn't run

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Had this problem for a while but I would do little things like jumping the relay or when the batteries that jumping a vehicle search seems to make it work but will not work this time

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

03XJ8

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Jaguar?

03 xj8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Once again I have no power to the fuel pump I replaced the pump about 3000 miles ago I've had a couple small issues of it not starting but I've replaced the real No fuses are blown but when it's altogether I have no power to number seven fuse in the trunk for the fuel pump if I pull the relay and jump the relay get power to the fuse I still have no pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Change the pump even before the odometer would say restricted performance every now and then and it would cut out if you jumped on it but this was in a minute

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jaguar
1/7/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Marty, European Car Expert replied 1 month ago
Marty
Marty, European Car Expert

Hi John, my name is***** from fuse 7 goes directly to the fuel pump. If you have 12V at the fuse you need to go to the pump connector and see if you have 12V on the brown/green wire with the relay bypassed. If you have 12V at the connector you need to remove the pump and inspect your connections to the pump. You either have a poor connection or you have a defective fuel pump. Also make sure you have a good ground at the pump. If you don't have 12V at the pump connector you need to trace the wiring from the fuse to the connector.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Marty
Marty
Marty, European Car Expert