Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have been getting s low battery mesage on smart key n

Customer Question
I have been getting...

I have been getting s low battery mesage on smart key n changed out with duracell2032 and its still saying smart key not found

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?

The smart key battery just changed with new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your smart?

How do i find that out.i purchased a 2010 xf

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?

The horn works i tried switching out 2 new battery.i had to used the key to open the door.i placed the snart key un the slot under the sterring wheel for mintues n nkthing happen.i try pushing the start button n nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It keep smart key not found please insert in slot n i place it in slot is there a time limited u should leave it in slot

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jaguar
How long is the wait...i was told that you pay $5.00 and in good faith after your problem is solved you pay the $26.00 and that was over 10 hrs ago n still nothing r no respond back yet about my problem
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/7/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
I recommend we check the battery and cable connections to make sure that they are clean and secure. The battery itself could be flat so we sould try charging the battery with a quality booster to confirm battery supply. If you have a digital multimeter we can test the battery.Let me know.