Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2011 Jaguar XF that sometimes wont start, when I…

Customer Question
I have a 2011 Jaguar...
I have a 2011 Jaguar XF that sometimes wont start, when I push the start button I get a poofing noise. I then give the battery a charge and it will start. I replaced the battery and the starter. The problem still continues. No check engine or faulty lights indicating a problem
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jaguar
1/3/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 3 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

so is it that you can't start without charging the battery? the battery is becoming weak when the car sits, despite the battery being new?

do I have it right?

sometimes it will start if I leave it for a couple of hours, without giving it a boost. Ive had occasions where it will start 10x in a row, then it wont start, then it wont start right away unless i give it a boost.

can you please describe in a bit more detail what you mean by poofing noise?

Matt, Engineer