Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 v-6. Replaced the top radiator hose…

Customer Question
2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 v-6...
2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 v-6. Replaced the top radiator hose and I need to know how to properly bleed the cooling system.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jaguar
12/31/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: 3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

all you have to do is remove the cap to the overflow bottle then start the engine and rev it up for about 10 to 15 minutes when the heat work at idle the system is good .

if you have any more questions please ask . if not please rate the service 3before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.

2500 rpms good? Also is the cap off needed or will it work cap on?

yes rmp will work and cap most be off to get the air out of the system

do you have any more questions ?

if not please rate the service before you g as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.

I’ve been doing this for about 40 minutes. Cap off 2500 rpms. The heat almost burns your hand when you hold it close to the vent but when you let it idle its cool again. The coolant level is still above the minimum level on the overflow tank. What is the longest I should have to do this?

jack the front of the car up and try again

how did it go ??