Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

The dealer install a used radio last year and did save my…

Customer Question
The dealer install a...

The dealer install a used radio last year and did save my radio code. I have a xj8 2000 and only marking on radio is jalnaay0223664- 00223664

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

Yes- I had car in storage for summer. no manual

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have power to radio . i just need code

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jaguar
12/29/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Joe, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.Did the dealer provide the code to you at that time? This can include a card, putting in glovebox, in owners manual, etc.Thanks,
Joe
If the dealer did not provide the code to you then you can call that dealer and or go to them, once they establish that you are the registered owner they can supply the code to you. Esp since this was a used radio they installed.My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Thanks for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!
I need the radio code and I know about going to dealer
Correct, the dealer is the one that has the code. They require proof of ownership of the vehicle to which they will then release the code to you, this can sometimes be done right over the phone with them. They also should have supplied the code to you when the installed the used radio. In either event the dealer is the one that has the code, if anyone could get the code then more would be stolen and no need for codes, they do this to help protect customers so that less are stolen and so only the customer can get the code.Thanks,
Joe