Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

It won't start and the gear selector nob is stuck in the up…

Customer Question
It won't start and...

It won't start and the gear selector nob is stuck in the up position

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

2010 xf premium 5.0 liter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?

I trying to get it home, tried nothing yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Transmission fault light came on

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Jaguar
12/24/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 5 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Souunds like we may have a problem with that shifter assembly. Try disconnecting the negative battery terminal cable for about an hoiur. The battery is in the trunk so make sure you don't close the trunk with the battery disconnected.Reconnect it and see if the problem has been temporarily resolved.Let me know.
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 3 months ago
Just checking in to see if you need anything further from me.The question is still open on my end.
Richard, Jaguar Technician