Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

My fob key is not working. changed the battery yesterday,

Customer Question
My fob key is...

My fob key is not working. changed the battery yesterday, doors will not open, car will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

First time changing the fob battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

xf , 13 reg

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing really, besides changing the fob battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I would just like my car to open and start...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jaguar
12/23/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

The key fob should a have a metal key ,to pull out and use the driver outside dooe

what is the vin of this jaguar ,is it 2013 xf ?

Ok take it out and open the door ,then reset it ,by disconnecting battery , touch battery cables together , then wait 30 min, connect positive first and then negative then make sure all doors are closed, lock and unlock driver side using that metal key and see if it will start
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat