Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

Looking for procedure to program fob

Customer Question
Looking for procedure to program fob
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/19/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: 6Bucs, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and thank you for your question. My name is***** your Land Rover have the newer bmw style remotes?
just as the old 740 style with the key blade integrated into the fob
Ok there are 3 methods available for your vehicleMethod 1:1. With the doors shut and from inside the vehicle.
2. Turn ignition to position 1 and back to off within 5 seconds.
3. Remove key from ignition and press and hold the unlock button for 15
seconds during this time press the key lock button 3 times within 5
seconds.
4. Release both buttons.
5. Doors will lock and unlock to show correct programming has occurred.Method 2:To do this procedure you need to have one working key and one key that
needs to be programmed.1) Get in and close all doors.
2) Turn on the ignition and turn off quickly. (No more than 5 seconds)
to start the process. Next action must take place within 30 seconds.
3) Remove the 1st key.
4) Hold the key up near your left shoulder (this is so it is closer to
the remote receiver antenna.
5) Hold down the unlock button and press the lock button 3 times.
Release the unlock button and the doors lock which confirms the operation.
6) Quickly repeat steps 4 & 5 for key #2 etc.
If it does not work, try doing the keys in opposite order. Key 2 then
key 1, vs 1 then 2.Method 3:Alternate if you do not have a working remote1. Turn key to position 1 five times very quickly
2. Remove key
3. Hold unlock button then press lock button 3 times, release unlock
button.
4. If you have another key do the same button pressing within 30 seconds
5. Turn on ignition to finalize.
Hello my friend..thanks for the information, I tried the procedures and nothing worked... and I also ran a reconfiguration of the bcm using sdd software...The new key was added using sdd software,and the previous key fob stopped working also... do yu think it could be the fob switch? or cluster?
Can you try another fob? Is programming enabled in the software?
The other key disabled..same thing..it disabled 2nd key..also cluster wont allow service reset due to security fault
Software says the key can be enabled at later date
Let me do some research on that.
Ok ty
6Bucs
6Bucs
6Bucs, ASE Certified Technician