Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I just start the engine to warm it up then i locked it with…

Customer Question
I just start the...

I just start the engine to warm it up then i locked it with my spare key while engine is running but now i cannot unlock it even the key goes to unlock direction still cant open

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes they are all good but now i cant even open the engine compartment

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2002 xtype

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing and i just brought it a month ago and nothing wrong happens before just now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that thing all i need is to open the door

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jaguar
12/16/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
When you turn the key to unlock can you tell me if you see the lock part of the inner handle move?
No i cannot see it
the door lock knob on the driver side looks like the same on the passenger side?Try lubricating the door lock cylinder to see if maybe the linkage will free up. The cylinder and rod is a mechanical connection with the latch.Let me know.