Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2002 x type 2.5. I turn the key and all I get is a…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 x type 2.5. I turn the key and all I get is a single click. I just replaced the starter and it didn't help.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

It's in park, don't know about the wheel lock

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Jaguar?

X-type

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. I just replaced the starter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The battery is charged and good.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jaguar
12/15/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Will the shifter release from park with the ignition on and foot on the brake?Any warning lights or messages on?Do you have a digital volunteer we can use to.perform some electrical tests?
the shitter will move. Yes I have a volunteer. I have a "Fixed" code reader and it gave me a p1603 code. I don't know what that is!
Excuse me, the shifter will move and I do have a volt meter
Ok please double check the battery and cable connections. Make sure both are clean and secure and that the battery is fully charged.
Check the voltage across the battery with your meter.
Well it must have been the battery, because I put a charger on it and in the time I've been texting you it charged up and the car has now started. Thank you for your time and answers.
Ok great.