Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2010 Jaguar XKR. I recently removed the dash to…

Customer Question
Hi I have a 2010...
Hi I have a 2010 Jaguar XKR. I recently removed the dash to have the leather replaced. Upon reinstalling everything I have now noticed that my heated seats & sterring wheel no longer work. The icons are on the touchscreen & tuen on when I press them however nothing happens. I used to hear a relay click behind the dash when I turned those features on & now I do not hear the relay.I guess my question is two fold. There were aprox 8 plugs that plug into the infotainment system. I forgot to label the plugs prior to removal & it turns out there are 3 identical size plugs that can be interchanged. The only difference between the three 2 prong plugs are a # 2, 4 & 6 stamped on them. Im wondering if I may have these reversed.Do you have access to a diagram showing what plugs in where or do you think its a seperate issue not involving the plugs??
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 5 days by:
12/11/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately, I don't show a diagram myself for this model here on these connections but I do suspect you are correct and one or more of the connections was plugged into an incorrect location.You may be able to get the diagrams and connector layout for this model from a dealer and in some cases at no charge.If this is not an option for you or was already checked into let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?