Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Engine shut off while driving with no warning... Approx.

Customer Question
Engine shut off while...

Engine shut off while driving with no warning...

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Approx. 89,000, automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '89 Jaguar?

2013 jaguar xf, w/89,000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just happened, was looking for answers to see if this was due to what was mentioned in the factory recall

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jaguar
12/4/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Can I have the last six of your VIN to get all the open recalls?Did just the engine stall but the rest of the vehicle stay powered up or did everything shut down?Thanks.
Just the engine and we couldn't get the shifter knob to come back up to put in neutral when tow truck came. I don't have vin on me now will have to look it up.
Ok. The shifter will only rise with the engine running which is why they have that emergency park release. On the 2013 XF there was the recall J015 which can cause the engine to cut out. I needed the VIN to see if this is still open on your vehicle. It may not be related and could be a fuel related fault like the fuel pump or connection there. They usually cause stall then a crank no start.Let me know.