Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

1998 Jaguar XK8. No Headlights, tailights or license plate…

Customer Question
Hi Richard. 1998 Jaguar XK8...
Hi Richard. 1998 Jaguar XK8. No Headlights, tailights or license plate lights. Found bro***** ***** wire as described in past response.
Where does it connect??
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jaguar
12/2/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Is this vehicle a convertible or coupe? Also, have you checked any of the fuses? What area is this wire located and can you see what one end connects to?

Good morning Todd. Thank you for your immediate response. Yes, checked all the fuses, Relays. 1998 Jaguar XK8 Convertible. Green wire, which does have have bit of silver solder on it. The wire comes from the control lever, for the headlights, then runs down into the stalk, (if I am saying it correctly). I can't figure out where it attaches to the control switch. Thank you for your help. I could e-mail you a picture if that would help.

Is this vehicle coupe or convertible?

Convertible.

Thank you. This wire coming from the stalk must be yellow and green or pink and green correct?

Here I am attaching the electrical diagram with the areas of concern highlighted. There is no solid green wire for the lighting coming from the switch. Take a look at this information and let me know. As far as the lights not functioning. Looks like the light control module will account for this. Give me just a moment, please, to review.

Solid Green. The wire originates in the headlight control lever on the left side of the steering column.

I will have to opt out as I am unable to locate this information for. Another expert will be along shortly to assist you.