Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2000 jag type 6 ran 8 months ago then sat change batery now…

Customer Question
2000 jag type 6...

2000 jag type 6 ran 8 months ago then sat change batery now wont start it cranks but no fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?

Have not checked spart but no power to the pump

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Jaguar?

Type s

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I own an an automotive shop but I dont know jag

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Jaguar
12/2/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that can cause a loss of fuel pressure and it will require some testing to determine exactly what is going on. The pump itself may have failed or it may be missing power or ground. Since this happened after sitting for an extended period there is a good chance that there is wiring damage or corrosion.

Have you tested for power and ground at the pump while cranking?