Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I just bought a 1986 XJ6 and the oil pressure gauge does not…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a 1986 XJ6 and the oil pressure gauge does not read pressure. where do i locate the oil pressure sending unit in the XK motor

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was the last time it was serviced?

!30,000 Not sure when it was last serviced

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Would like to do the work myself

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Jaguar
12/1/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 6 months ago
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech

The oil pressure sending unit is just above the oil filter on the side of the engine.

Thanks for the answer on the location I wasn't looking for a subscription though please tell me I'm okay to not have the subscription

Yes you are fine with out the subscription. It is offered to you if you think you will be using the site on a regular basis to help save you money.

Thank you for your help with the location of the oil pressure sending unit that was the only question I needed answered I think I'll be fine with that for now

You are very welcome.

KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech