Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2000 XJ8. 2 years ago, the restricted performance…

Customer Question
I have a 2000 XJ8...
I have a 2000 XJ8. 2 years ago, the restricted performance mode message popped up and I got a misfire code for the #4 cylinder. The mechanic told.me the #4 cylinder had 50% of the compression of the other cylinders and told me it need a valve job or replace the engine. I drove the car for 2 more weeks and the message and light went away on an exceptionally cold day and the car passed emissions. 2 months ago, the light came back, and the same code appeared. I drove the car until last week, and now the number 4 cylinder code is gone, and the #8 cylinder code is in its place!. In addition, I'm getting emissions codes related to air temperature. Could the actual problem be the computer and not the engine valves/ cylinders?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jaguar
11/30/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Do you have all the fault code numbers?Does the engine run rough and misfire?