Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2000 XK8 in my shop. I`ve replaced the hoses and…

Customer Question
I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 XK8 in my shop. I`ve replaced the hoses and had the cylinders and pump rebuilt. When you try to lower the top the locking latch will not release the top. If you manually release the top and push up it will retract. The latch will pull to the lock position when the top clears it. When trying to close the top it will not move until you manually open the latch. I`ve ohmed the micro switches at the latch they appear to be open and close when they should. The top latch will not open to release the top or open to allow it to close. Do you have an idea where to go from here?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids recently?

Fluid is full of fresh Pentosin and all cylinders and hoses replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XK8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a shop and this is customer of mine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jaguar
11/29/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Did you have this issue before replacing any parts?
He just bought the car and there wasn't any hydraulic fluid in the reservoir. There was fluid coming out of the light cover up top in the interior. Got to checking and found hoses leaking. Also found fluid under the lift Rams. He elected to have all the cylinders rebuilt including the pump. So I don't know if it was working or not.