Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I am in the market to buy a supercharged V-8 Jaguar circa…

Customer Question
I am in the market...
I am in the market to buy a supercharged V-8 Jaguar circa 2011 to 2014. Given the VIN, is there a data base to query to access the original invoice's description?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jaguar
11/29/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Do you have a specific vehicle?What kind of information are you looking for?
I want a used top of the line 2011-2014 XJ with the ~$118k sticker. I think it's called the Sport Version. The 80 or so ads on Cars.com, etc. are short on trim details. How do I know the trim?
No I do not have a specific vehicle. I am gathering intelligence.
Do you have anything on this question?
Jaguar Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You opted out the person helping, preventing him from replying.

Yes, the options of any specific vehicle can be checked. This information is retained in corporate records. If you contact a dealer with the VIN of a vehicle you're interested in then they will be able to give you the option codes, if their internal security policy allows. Vehicle specific sensitive information such as owner information and service history isn't to be released to someone that isn't the owner of a vehicle, but they will most likely be willing to give you build information about the vehicle itself.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.