Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Dan, The top will still not latch and back windows won't go…

Customer Question
Dan, The top will still...
Dan, The top will still not latch and back windows won't go up I filled the reservoir to the line not easy to do. When I turn off key the top will latch,but not lock,back windows still down. I can lock the top manually . what the next step to try?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jaguar
11/28/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
This is usually caused by that micro switch on the passenger side hood lift cylinder. We can try and reach down into the quarter and pull up on the cylinder just in case it may be leaking and not fully extending.Let me know.
No leak, If I leave the car running, about 1 min. or a little more the top will close,but not lock and back windows are still down. I can lock it manually back windows still down.

Where is the Diagram of the switch,the location of switch,how to get to switch and what i need to do to get it to raise the Back Windows? Jaguar XK8 convertible,yr.2000 engine 4.0

I tried what U both said and I left U a message of what I did and told U the results.OK,What next and how do I get to this switch,or what ever is next? Please show me Pictures of where and how to do it,Thanks Ron.

no answers since 3pm what's going on?

Remove the rear seat cushion and on the passenger side there is a thee wire connector. It is either white or yellow. Make sure we have a ground signal to the black wire. Then with a jumer wire or paper clip leave it connected and jump pin 1 black to pin 3 lught green/orange. This will trick it to see if that it the problem. Another possibility is the ready to latch switch but lets do this test first.

Jumped as U said,with key on and with key off,nothing happened now what is next step?