Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2011 jag xf. Smelled little oil burning and just took to…

Customer Question
2011 jag xf. Smelled...

2011 jag xf. Smelled little oil burning and just took to local guy who has changed oil a couple times and when he dropped pan 3-4 quarts were trapped and has got all over the place alternator, etc. What could cause this?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

5/11/2017 less then 10000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?

No a local guy who works on Jags (a mechanic with his own shop)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Running fine, no light came on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jaguar
11/25/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Marty, European Car Expert replied 7 months ago
Marty
Marty, European Car Expert

Hi, my name is***** oil leaks on this model come from the valve cover gaskets and from the oil cooler seals. Since so much oil was under the car I am inclined to think that you have oil cooler seal leakage. The oil cooler is under pressure and when the seals leak it makes a huge mess. The cooler is underneath the intake manifold in the valley of the engine.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Hi, just checking in. Do you need any more help with this?