Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

2002 jaguar x-type 3.0. im getting ready to replaced a

broken timing cover and i...
2002 jaguar x-type 3.0. im getting ready to replaced a broken timing cover and i am looking for a step by step procedure just to make sure that im on the right track, thank you, jim
11/21/2017
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Jaguar calls for removing the engine in order to remove the front cover. Are you aware of that?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
nope, thats why i asked first. what am i missing by looking at it?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
she brought it in for the serpentine belt and when i looked at it the power steering pump broke off of the cover

in order to get the clearance you need to remove the cover the engine has to come out. Would you like to review the engine cover removal steps. I can provide them as well as the engine removal as well if needed.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ronnie, have you ever done one? if so it it possible to sneak it out someway? if the motor does need to be pulled i doubt she will do it. and since it is pretty much a ford id say it comes out the bottom?

I have done them and pulled the engine. I have never tried to sneak it out , there really is not enough room. The engine dose come out from the bottom and the labor to do the cover calls for 18 hours and that includes removing the engine. See the steps in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0i21s9m06j281qz/timing%20cover%20Nov%2021.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4sloohr9341n7gv/engine%20Nov%2021.pdf?dl=0

Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
hey ronnie, thank you. it wasnt the answer i wanted, but you helped me a bunch.

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Sorry I did not have good news.

Ronnie
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician