Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Battery is dead can't open my doors or trunk. The key is not…

Battery is dead can't...

Battery is dead can't open my doors or trunk. The key is not working?

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Have not tested battery. I know its dead because I'm locked out of the vehicle. I can't do anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2013 XJ AWD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ yourself? What have you tried so far?

Battery is dead. I'm locked out of the vehicle, I can't do anything. I'm looking for information to open so I can charge my battery.

11/21/2017
Richard, Jaguar Technician
The door should still be able to be locked using the emergency key blade in the smart key. Pop off the door lock cover to open thbe door. Then ope. The hood and there are jump start points we can use to boostt the battery enough to open the trunk.Let me know
The Jaguar is a 2013 XJ AWD. Only have remote key. The remote is not working and battery is dead. I can not get into the car. How can I get the door or trunk to open.
Remove the chrome part off the remote and there should be an emergency key blade in it.
i see the key blade. what do i do with it?
Use it to pop off the small lock cover next to the handle. There is a small hole in the cover. Then unlock the door.
Richard, Jaguar Technician
That worked. Thank you! Do you know where the battery is located on this model?
It is in the trunk. This is why you need to boost it from the points under the hood.
cant find jump points can you show me a picture of where they are located for my vehicle?
Passenger side rear of the engine compartment. Remove the plastic screw retainers and lift off the cover. Then remove the box cover. There should be a labnel showing the connections.