Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

O6 s type left side brake light stays on all the time when…

Customer Question
O6 s type left...

O6 s type left side brake light stays on all the time when the headlights are on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

06 S type

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing myself. took to a mechanic who said it was designed that way and served as "running light" for European cars

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jaguar
11/21/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Do all the other exterior lights operate properly?Can you have an assistant place the vehicle in reverse with the lights on to see what they Do? Then can you have them activate the left turn signal and see if that causes any issues?Can you send me a picture of both the tail lights when the problem is happening?
I can, but it'll probably have to be tomorrow. I don't have access to the car right now; however, I don't think there's any issue with the turn signal, and I'm not getting any messages on the instrument panel. The bulb blew out on the other side recently and I got the message that it was out.
Ok get back to me when you can.