Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

Im not sure how this works i never done this before, i have

Customer Question
im not sure how this...
im not sure how this works i never done this before, i have a 04 jaguar x type 3.0 automatic, it is a no crank, nothing on the j-gate. it has a pdb that is 4,25. i need a pinout on ip10 wiring connector, and a pinout on jb1
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: spark plugs isnt going to fire if there is no signal to the starter
JA: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have codes1638, 1643, 1699
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i was testing power on ign. switch and now say security failure
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Jaguar
11/19/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 28 days ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Will the shifter release from park with the ignition on and foot on the brake?Can you explain what you mean by pdb that is 4,25?Do you have a digital multimeter we can use to perform testimg?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
shifter will not release from park, no lights on shifter at all. brake lights are working. the power distribution box and harness were made after april 04, so it has none serviceable starter relay. i washed the engine bay, thats what got this started, it had a miss on #1 so i drove it a couple hours and it went away and running good. i parked it, no codes or lights, i went to restart and no crank, no click, says gearbox fault. i bought a new battery, cleaned all battery cables, and grounds. except the alternator. i have changed the j-gate, still nothing, new ign. relay. i pushed the inertia switch, i pulled out ecm, tcm, and checked for signs of water and all looked good. no fuses are blown in either fuse box. the 4.25 , is x4052004.25 pdf wiring diagram i was looking at. the last 6 of vin # are e03594. showing obd 2 codes 1638, 1643, 1699. yes i have a multimeter, im not very good with it, i also already put a new starter on it. i dont think i am getting a crank signal.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
i also ran a instrument cluster diag. test. vis-g inertia switch tripped, i reset. pats 5c bad read. dtc codes, E511, e510, 879, d900, a141, 9318, 9205,9359 it seem like the signals may stop at the instrument cluster as i am getting nothing on the j-gate, just a thought
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
i cant test the ecm connection till tues. as i had to order a tamper proof t27 torx socket to get it loose. i borrowed one from a local shop to take it out the first time, but i dont want to make him mad so i had to order one
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
i have ran some tests while ive been waiting to save some time. diagnostic connector, pins 6&14 120.7 ohms if i am right should be 50 ohms. j- gate, pin 10 to grnd. 1.89 volts. pins 6,&10 0 ohms, nothing. jb1 connection pin 41, 11.98 volts inside, 11.91 volts outside toward ecm. relay#5 in power dist. box, pin#2 12.03 key on, pin #5, 1.68 volts, key on, pin #3 12.12 volts. relay #7, pin#3 .76 key on. pin #5 12.15 key on. inside fuse box fuse f4 accessory connectors = nothing=0 volts, fuse f2 nothing, instument panel, reverse light , electo mirror. any suggestions, give me a test sequence and i will get them done. i am out of money till friday, cant do call.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ive already spent about $500. on this, starter, batter, solenoid, j-gate.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
i am not sure if i need to give you a rating after each reply, or at the end, when solved, as i am a 1st timer. i have just been trying to give you all the info i can.
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 26 days ago
No just one rating. I am back online so I will be reviewing all your responses.
That 120 ohms at the dlc indicates an open in the network. Make sure everything is reconnected like ECM, TCM, shhifter, cluster and abs. We can split test the network at the shifter connector and we shouuld read 120 ohms on each side. That is in the can module communication page on the wiring diagram.Let me know.
Ohm out pin 9 to 10 and you should read 120. Then oh m out pin 11 to 12 and you should read 120.
Tim, climate control module and shifter are all pass through modules.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
pins 9&10 nothing, 11&12 120.9
Ok reconnect the shifter and we need to go to the climate control module. If this vehicle does not have navigation the module is the climate control head. Go to the 26 way white connector. Ohm pin 9 to pin 10 and you sho ould read 120 the ohm pin 22 to 23 and you shouild read 120.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
positive battery post off, key off, pins 9-10=0 no reading, pins 22-23=0 no reading
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
have a happy thanksgiving
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 20 days ago
Hello. When you say 0 does that mean like OL or out of range?Also with that disconnected recheck resistance at pin 6 and 14 of the dlc?
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
i say 0 because there is no change on meter, as if i never touch them, so open ciruit if i am correct
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
ok with the instument cluster unplugged on the drivers side, there is no reading, open link, on pins 6 and 14 on dlc
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
sorry, i meant climate control, no instrument cluster.
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 19 days ago

Ok please reconnect everything and phm out the dlc again pins 6 and 14. If you read 120 at the dlc then it goes to OL when the climate control is disconnected then the issue is in the harness from the dlc to the transmission control module to the ECM. The CAN goes through the TCM so that can be the problem. It is located behind the driver side dash behind the fuse box. It is held to a bracket with two 10mm nuts. You will have to remove the auto wiper module bracket if fitted.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
i rechecked and you are correct. if i unplug the climate control pins 6&14 on diagnostic link goes to open circuit. if i plug it back in it show 121. ohms.
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
where do i go from here
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
what do i check next
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 12 days ago
Sorry for the delay. I have been away from the site but am now back online so I will re check the wiring and get back to you.
Since the dlc reads 120 then goes open with the climate control disconnected this means we are not reading the ECM. Could be the TCM as sometimes they get water damage, ECM or wiring. We need to remove the TCM to perform further testing.
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
i have the tcm out, what tests do i need to do to tell if the tcm , or ecm is at fault
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 11 days ago
Your TCM may have one or two connectors. This is for the single connector.Plug the climate module back and ohm TCM pins 13 to 34. You should read 120 then pins 12 to 33 and you should read 120.This is foe the two connector TCM. On the white connector ohm pin 14 to 15 and you should read 120. Then ohm pin 5 to 6 and you should read 120.Let me know.
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
both battery terminals disconnected, tcm unplugged, testing harness connector, pins 13-34 = 0 open circuit.
pins 12-33 = o open circuit
Customer reply replied 8 days ago
i say all that to make sure i tested it right, and you know what i did
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 8 days ago

Is everything else connected especially the climate module? What do you read at the data link connector. Please check the pins again. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 6 days ago
climate control is plugged in, now tcm is unplugged, dlc pins 6-14 reads 120.6 ohms
Richard, Jaguar Technician