Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

My 2009 x type will not lock with the remote. It will unlock…

Customer Question
My 2009 x type...

My 2009 x type will not lock with the remote. It will unlock correctly when the key fob is used from any direction and at long range, but locks only sometimes and then only from about ten feet from the rear of the car. I have replaced the key battery and reprogrammed the remote several times.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yep.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '09 Jaguar?

X type sport 2.2litre diesel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Stripped down the fobs, cleaned them and replaced the batteries. Reprogrammed both.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jaguar
11/18/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Any issues using the boot button or headlamp convienence button?
The boot button works, but not the headlamp one.
Not the phone thanks I’m deaf!
Are we still connected?