Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Back rear passenger tire woobles after an accident. No just…

Back rear passenger tire...

Back rear passenger tire woobles after an accident

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

No just after the accident

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2004 S type

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes - just took off the tire

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech

How can I help you today?

had a minor accident and now my back passenger wheel wobbles - can not drive it
are you there

With out spinning the wheel on the car, can you move the wheel and make it wobble if you just try to move the tire in and out?

yeah I could drive it to move it at my house so I could work on it - I took the tire off and tried to move it and it didn't move but i didn't give it a lot of force

Can you send me a pic of the wheel front and back?

give me a few minutes please

Thank you.

here ya go - hope they are good enough
IMG_0189.JPGIMG_0189.JPGIMG_0192.JPGIMG_0192.JPGIMG_0195.JPGIMG_0195.JPGIMG_0190.JPGIMG_0190.JPGIMG_0193.JPGIMG_0193.JPGIMG_0196.JPGIMG_0196.JPGIMG_0191.JPGIMG_0191.JPGIMG_0194.JPGIMG_0194.JPG

The tie rod is bent, and the sway bar link is bad. Now can you send me a pic of the wheel and tire front and back please?

give me a moment please

Thank you.

If you do not mind, can you send me one more pic please? What I need is a pic from the back of the car as low as you can get pointing back up at the rotor in a straight line towards the front so I can see if the rotor is in line please.

ok give me a minute
here is 4 pics please let know if there good for you

I do not see anything that would cause a wobble. There are a few things that are bent or need to be replaced, The tie rod is bent, the sway bar link is bad as well as the upper ball joint. Can you take the wheel and have it spin balanced? I do not see anything that pops out at me on the wheel, but it did take a hard hit to bend the tie rod.

i can but will replacing the tie rod, the sway bar link, and upper ball joint my problem?

If the wheel is not bent too, yes these parts should correct your problem. The tie rod is the most important one of the three.

the upper ball joint is bad? I can't see its bent at all - could you tell me which pic you see it in please?

The upper ball joint is not bent, it is just bad. The boot that holds grease in has been busted for a long time form the looks of it.

ok where can i find a diagram of all these parts or the whole thing

What size engine do you have in your car?

6 cyl
is the sway bar link and the stabilizer bar link the same thing?

Yes

OK right now I'm gonna check the balance on the tire/rim, replace the stabilizer bar, and the tie rod. If this doesn't fix it how do I contact you

Just come back to this page and post a message to me. You are not having the balance checked, you are having them spin the wheel to see if it is bent.

OK I'' have them check it and thank you - I will let you know either way

You are very welcome.

im looking everywhere online for a rear tie rod and only come up with the front any suggestions

Let me see what I can find for you,

OK Thanks - they call them "Rear Toe Adjustment Link" ?

Some places do, but it is a tie rod.

got ya - thanks

You are very welcome.

just got back from the tire place and said its not bent - ordered the parts they'll be here Fri

Sounds good. Chat with you when the parts come in.

KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech