Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2001 xk-8, the restricted performance light came on…

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 xk-8, the restricted performance light came on about 2 months ago "once" and reset when car was restarted. About a month ago the car started and ran like a washing machine. While driving down the interstate the car shuttered at about 70mph, the restricted performance light came on, then the car smoothed out and the light went out. This past week the light has intermittently come on and off, sometimes it goes on and off this quickly, other times it lasts for 30 sec or so and then goes out.

Mechanic's Assistant: What type of bulbs? And are you using a kit?

Its the restricted performance light

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XK8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, nothing yet as the problem is really just starting to become more frequent. I was looking for other responses to their problem to maybe see where to start looking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Jaguar
11/17/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 5 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
This sounds like it may be a problem with the electronic throttle system specifically the throttle body.It could also be another engine sensor or electrical circuit.We will need to have the vehicle scanned for the stored fault codes. I recommend we try scanning the vehicle with a compatible OBD II tool available at your local parts store. If there is a code it will read a P followed by four digits. For example P1122. We can do a visual inspection of all the air intake tubes and engine sensors but I wou I'd rather not disconnect anything until we can get the fault codes read.Let me know.
Richard, Jaguar Technician