Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Driver side window switch puts rear and passanger windows up…

Customer Question
Driver side window switch...

Driver side window switch puts rear and passanger windows up but not down

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2004 xj8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Just a hard reset. When passanger window is down and I press the driver side passanger window button down the passanger window goes up lol

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jaguar
11/13/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Looking at the diagrams for this model here the only thing I see that can cause the no operation going down with the drivers window switch as well as using rhe down button the passenger side goes up is an internal electrical fault in the drivers switch pack assembly.It houses the electronics for operation to these windows from this switch itself and there is no other control module inline to control this.

The contacts are most likely either corroded internally causing this issue and the switch needs replaced or the contacts are shorted internally with the drivers switch itself needing replaced.

I would also check the wiring running from the drivers door to the body near the hinge area before replacing this switch to see if there is any shorted wiring causing this issue instead,needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete