Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Cant open my gas tank. just buying the car, how do you opn…

Customer Question
Cant open my gas...

Cant open my gas tank. just buying the car, how do you opn it from inside

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Its fine, just need to put gas in it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2010 jaguar xf

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pressing on the door. just bought the car, where is the lever on the inside

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jaguar
11/13/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Most likely the fuel filler door actuator has failed keeping you from popping it electronically.If you open the trunk area there is usually a grab handle on the same side as the fuel filler to grasp to then open the door manually.My info isnt showing me a picture of this on your model but usually it is on the same side of the fuel filler door on the inside and may be behind a panel.It is usually a handle with a cord attached.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete