Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

My car is misfiring causing it to stall. 986,000 It is a

My car is misfiring causing...
My car is misfiring causing it to stall
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?
Customer: 986,000 It is a steady misfire
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Jaguar X 2003
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am I replaced the spark plugs and a coil
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
11/13/2017
Richard, Jaguar Technician
When does it misfire? Is the engine light on now? Were you able to read any stored fault codes? When it stalls does it start right back up?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It misfired while am driving. The engine light is on. Yes I read the codes. It starts right back up when it stalls.
Do you have the code number? Do you feel the miss just before it stalls?Unfortunately I am unavailable for a call at the moment but we can continue here til then.Let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have the code number. Yes I feel it when it stalls.
Ok I have run into this a few times and it was a bad fuel pump. What happens is once the pump gets hot it cuts out and causes the miss then stall. This usually happens while driving under load.We wouild need to confirm fuel pressure at the rail to be sure.Please also post all code numbers.
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Phone call session started
Richard, Jaguar Technician