Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Trying to reset the service required light on a 2012 Jaguar…

Customer Question
Trying to reset the...

Trying to reset the service required light on a 2012 Jaguar XJ? Had the oil change done today so it needs to be reset.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Jaguar XJ. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No. That is it for now.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Jaguar
Where is the reset button in this car?
11/12/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 5 months ago
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name Nelson and I have been an Automotive Technician for over 12 years, and I am currently working at a Toyota dealership.

I will look into finding you reset procedure for you

When should you get back to me with a response?
Jaguar Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 5 months ago

I was able to find this, I hope it helps.

1. The procedure described below is used to reset the Service Interval Indicator. During the process, depressing switches
must each be carried out within 3 seconds.

2. With the vehicle ignition off, press and hold the rear
fog lamp switch.

3. Allow the vehicle to enter power mode.

4. Press the start button without the brake pedal
depressed.

5. Immediately release the rear fog lamp switch.

6. Press and hold the trip computer cycle switch.

7. Press and hold the rear fog lamp switch.

8. Continue to hold the trip computer and rear fog lamp
switches.

9. If the process is successful, the message center
will display "Resetting Service Mode" and then display "Service Mode Reset" after 10–15 seconds.

10. Release both switches and turn the ignition off.
This solution does not work.
Furthermore, you googled for this answer as I found it myself earlier and tried it with no success.
Jaguar Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 5 months ago

ok I will continue to look for another solution.

and I was able to find this information while searching on the repair information website that I have access to.

I will search through more repair information to try to find another solution for you

Ok. Where is the rear dog lamp switch anyways?
Jaguar Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 5 months ago

i was able to find this picture with the rear fog lamp switch location. It is attached as a pdf to this message

Ok. Thanks. Thought so. Still looking for a viable solution.
Jaguar Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 5 months ago

So when searching on the website that I have access to it broadens the search parameters for the same vehicle(including engine size) +/- 2 years. and the directions I gave you earlier were for a 2010 XJ.

The only other thing I can find about oil reset is attached as a pdf and mentions needing a scan tool in order to preform the reset.

Another website indicated this as well. Was looking for solutions outside of these two. Thank you though.
Jaguar Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 5 months ago

No problem.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, also please don't forget to rate my service.

Thanks,

Nelson

nelson freitas
nelson freitas
nelson freitas