Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

I have a 20001 jaguar xk8 new motor less then 5k on two

I have a 20001...

I have a 20001 jaguar xk8 new motor less then 5k on two occassions it wnet into the power failure mo0de but after stopping and re cranking the engine both times it ran fine what should i look fro

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Its auto only +5k on a new motor

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your XK8?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XK8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No have tried but would like to know what could be causing it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No dont think so

Answered in 1 hour by:
10/15/2017
Richard, Jaguar Technician
This could be caused by a few different components or sensors causing this. It could also be a problem with the electronic throttle system specifically the throttle body. We will need to have the vehicle scanned for the stored fau it codes using a compatible OBD II tool available at your local parts stores.If no codes are stored then we may need to scan the vehicle when the warning comes on or a more advanced tool is needed.We can also check the connections to the throttle sensor and motor to make sure all the connections are clean and secure.Let me know.
Richard, Jaguar Technician
I had it scanned the first time nothing showed as a error. It did the sxdame thing this mornoing. I kept turning the key ignition oin and off and finally after six tries it was fine and I drove it 35 miles no problem
I had it scanned the first time no error codes. This morning when i tried to start it same problem when i turned the ignition on. I kept turning it on and off and finally it was fine drove it 35 miles no problem dont understand
Richard, Jaguar Technician