Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

X-type 2.2 diesel is very jerky like it's running out of…

x-type 2.2 diesel is...

x-type 2.2 diesel is very jerky like it's running out of fuel. Engine, coil and dpf warning are on but garage has cleaned out dpf and says that isn't the problem. It horrible to drive. I'm worried I'll damage it by driving.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starts fine. Can't say it's using more fuel but hard to tell

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your X-Type?

Dec 07 (09 model)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

Garage has tried to force regen the dpf but doesn't work. Cleaned manually. That's all. They have no idea what to try next and I don't fancy the guessing game of replacing parts for no reason :(

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its getting worse!

10/7/2017
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hi im kevin first lets start with the simple stuff .if dpf warning is on then dpf isnt ok .there are many senosrs and components involved withinn the pdf system that all have to work .the other thing is you cannot just clean the dpf it then needs to be reset .the fact the cant force a regen sugggests there is an underlying issue as to why the dpf is causing issues .do you have the fault codes ?

I don't have codes. I can probably get them but not today. Would a problem dpf cause this kind of violent jerking?

The dpf itself is unlikely to cause this issue but it gives us clues as to the cause .it sounds from what you describe as if you either have an egr valve fault or a fuelling issue

It's has a replacement EGR - it's a common fault I hear. Maybe needs another? Fuel filter has been replaced. How can I diagnose? Sorry I don't have a phone I can call you on.

If you have codes it will help pinpoint the cause as they give us an idea as to what the car thinks is at fault .egr valves are very common to fail .they normally stick open causing exactly your type of issue

EGR wasn't mentioned in codes just dpf. I'll get the, read again and get back to you. Thank you

No worries il wait for your reply

Kevin
Kevin, Technician