Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I'm having some major issues lately with my 2011 Jaguar XF -

Customer Question
I'm having some major...

I'm having some major issues lately with my 2011 Jaguar XF - a car that I normally love...June 30, 2017 - fuel pump replaced
2 weeks ago I took it in for an oil change (car running perfectly) and they found a leak at vacuum pump (replaced) and leak at water pump (replaced) - drive belt also replaced at this time. Three days later it stalled twice while driving with no lights or messages, and wouldn't start once. Back to the shop where it ran fine, was running leak, they cleaned something, tested tested tested - no codes, and I was on my way.One week later I arrived at work, tried to lock the car like normal, and got two beeps like something was open. I tried a few times and it finally locked (one beep). That afternoon, it would not start again - cranking but wouldn't catch. Towed to shop, where it started fine, but gave these codes:
P0460 - fuel level a circuit
P1346 - fuel level b circuit
B1009 - Ignition Authorization
U0140 - Lost communication with BCM
U0142 - Lost communication with BCM B
U0155, U0156 - Lost communication with instrument cluster

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

It's not leaking - sorry I meant the second time I took it in it was running lean (not leak).

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?

No -

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Jaguar
10/5/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Which fuel pump was replaced? Was it the one inside the tank or one of the high pressure pumps on the engine?
I have no idea - I didn't know there was more than one. It was stalling like it was out of gas and then one day would not start at all.
Parts on bill from dealership shop are:
C2D25079 ASSY - SENDER & PU
C2Z7361 GASKET
C2D25076 FLANGE-MOUNTING
Ok thanks that helps.Sounds like that pump may be defective or a problem with the connection. There are two sender's due to the saddle design tank which go through the one main fuel pump connector so maybe there is an issue there which can cause all the issues.
The Jaguar dealership that did the repair is telling me it is an o2 sensor - is that possible? I had to have it towed to them Friday evening because it would not start at all and you could not hear the fuel pump kicking on. Seems a little odd to me...

Sounds strange to me as usually a faulty oxygen sensor would not cause a starting problem.