Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have an XJ6 series 2 with in tank fuel pumps. The

Customer Question
I have an XJ6...

I have an XJ6 series 2 with in tank fuel pumps. The electrical wires inside of the tank connecting to the pump have a little coil on each wire. Are these little coils still necessary when replacing the pumps.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

These wires are the original, but I did replace the pumps once already (3 months ago) but did not use the original little wires.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your XJ6?

It is a 1977 right hand drive series 2 (short wheel base).

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am doing the work myself. I have replaced one pump and it works great, but again I did not use the original wire inside the tank, I replaced them with wires that I manufactured without the little coil.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 5 days by:
10/9/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 10 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You