Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar xf 2015 has cylinder 2 low pressure. Jaguar says not…

Customer Question
Jaguar xf 2015 has...

Jaguar xf 2015 has cylinder 2 low pressure. Jaguar says not covered under warranty because oil change not done at 10000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

9 2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took to dealership as it's a lease. Oil cjanged done at 17000 mile but complained in 4 2016 car not getting power and they said nothing wrong sms did 25 point inspection. Say I have to pay $15,000 to repair.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This is a new car. I leased in dec 2015. Problem started 4 months later told nothing wrong. Cylinder 2 bad. Denying warranty

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Jaguar
9/20/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

I'd say the dealership are trying to weasel out of it and unless the service paperwork is to the letter then the missed oil change is their excuse

however as the issue was pointed out over a year ago ( why didn't they change the oil then?) then the onus should fall back to them

I'd say the next step is to get Jaguar customer service involved as a 'higher power' and see if they will support your case

you may have to settle for a contribution from Jaguar to meet the repair cost

Call them 0345(###) ###-####/p>

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you