Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

1998 jaguar xk8 i need to know how to find the timing on the…

Customer Question
1998 jaguar xk8 i...

1998 jaguar xk8 i need to know how to find the timing mark on the crankshaft

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any change in your gas mileage lately?

156k

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XK8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have the head on the engine and the two uppers align with the special tool

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well the mark on top on the two heads i have but the one down no

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Jaguar
9/20/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Did you do any disassembly to the engine yet?
No
We need to install the crank setting tool into the flywheel and lock down all the cams using the tools on the front flats of the cams. This is the best way to service these engines since there are no marks.